Since I went to Manila for work last 2006, I never had the opportunity to go back home to celebrate Christmas with my family in Davao. Medyo matagal na din pala akong nawala sa lupang kinalakihan ko. After almost 7 years absence, finally I got the chance... TODAY, as in ngayon lang! Though we don't really celebrate Christmas like before; with exchanging of gifts, Christmas carols, the house to house carolling with my friends, Santa Claus and stuff. This time its different. We just had dinner with the entire family. Well, not really the whole family, except my sister is with her husband's family. Sad thing though but we need to deal with it. Hayyy.. Kakalungkot!
Anyways, today I got the chance to roam around Abreeza Mall. Its actually one of the newest mall in Davao owned by Ayala. One of the biggest in Davao as well. Its a nice place, I can actually compare it to Greenbelt in Makati. At first, there are few people who were inside the mall. Its not the same as the other malls here in Davao where people queued at the entrance doors. The ambiance is quite different as well. Its very welcoming and the space is quit refreshing.
Anyways, dahil sa tinamad daw
akong mag straight english sa blog ko akong umuwi sa bahay namin, I explore the deepest part of the Mall, Ala Dora the Explorer. And take note, with matching back pack pa ha. (Pinagmamayabang ko lang daw talaga ang bag ko na sponsored by The North Park Face. Lols
A few things that caught my attention while roaming around:
- Mukha mayayaman ang karamihan namamasyal sa mall na ito. (Patawad po sa mga hindi mukhang mayaman, isa na ako dun. Maling mall po ata ang pinuntahan natin?). Joke! Syempre mayayaman ang taga-Davao.
- Wala masyadong pumapasok sa mga stores na pangalan lang nang paninda nila ang binabayaran.
- At last may Fridays at Itallianis na sa Davao.. wahahahaha..
- Napag alaman ko na kung bakit walang pumapasok masyado sa mga stores na medyo may kamahalan ang tatak, kasi lahat sila nasa loob ng Starbucks. Na sa mga oras na ito ay jampack pa rin. Nung umakyat ako sa cinema, wala masyadong nanuod ng movie na palabas ngayon ang mga entry sa Metro Manila Film Festival. All of them are inside the Starbucks. Huwaw!
- Ngayon ko lang napag tanto na mahilig na din pala sa kape ang mga taga-Davao. Ayos! Thanks Starbucks. Paging Coffee Bean and Seattles Best. (May Bos Coffee na kasi dito).
So there! Thank God for a wonderful Christmas. It was a blessing and happy to be with my family.
Have a blessed Christmas everyone!!!