As humans, we desire to look good physically. At an early age, maybe three or four, kids are already aware and has consciousness whether they looked good or not.
Men in particular, specially those who are unprivileged would die to have the looks of Brad Pitt or maybe Mario Maurer or Sam Milby. Men who are less fortunate spend most of their time at the gym trying to achieve the look that they wanted. While those who are fortunately able, spend their money and undergo plastic surgery and have those looks pasted on theirs. Women on the other hand; wears make up, tight or fit clothes, wear jewelries to attract the opposite sex.
For what reasons?
One, maybe because that is what society or media is telling them/us to do.
Maybe, again, to get women so easily or maybe to attract others with less effort for their own personal gain. I can see that some companies are hiring people because of their "pleasant" appearance.
Tsk... Tsk... Tsk....
But being good looking has its downside:
1. They always work hard. Actors and actresses who are good looking always gets the lead role which entails hard work since they are the first pick by the Producers. They need to work hard or maybe double it to prove that they are worth the role and the project offered to them. At times due to over work, this affects their health.
2. They cause trouble. I remember the: "The face that could launch a thousand ships." It came from the Greek Mythology about the Trojan War, when Paris took Helen of Troy from her husband Menelaus, the king of Sparta. Really trouble indeed.
3. They are branded as dumb. Everyone thinks that you only have beauty but no brains. But you can prove them wrong. Some of them already did.
4. You are always hated. A lot of people will hate you for no apparent reasons. Maybe because you always get the attention. You always have the best and those who are unprivileged will get what is left.
5. Full of pride. Being good looking make you feel conceited. Just like Lucifer, who conceited of his power as the second in command of God. He was handsome and has undeniably gifts for music. He thinks that all attentions should be his which pushed him to rebel against God. So now, his out there making everyone ugly.
Is being good looking a curse? I don't know.
There could be more disadvantages and I will surely add more when I experience more in the future... Hehehe..